SHOP NEW & REMANUFACTURED HYBRID BATTERY REBUILD KITS
2001-2003 TOYOTA PRIUS
BETTER TECHNOLOGY | BETTER PERFORMANCE | BETTER VALUE
Electron Hybrid Solutions takes the guesswork out of choosing the hybrid battery replacement option that’s just right for you. If your hybrid battery fails, or is on deaths door, any one of these options will bring it back to life:
- Repair Your Battery (aka Band-Aid Repair)
- Buy a New Battery from Your Local Dealership
- Purchase a Remanufactured Battery
Let’s take a quick look at these 3 options and rank them based on Warranty, Price and Quality.
- Battery Repair – Also known as “Cell Switching” is the least expensive option and usually involves replacing a couple of bad cells. This option identifies the bad cell or cells in your battery and the bad cells are removed and replaced with used cells that aren’t bad, but they aren’t new. Hybrid battery packs contain anywhere from 132 to 240 cells and swapping out a couple of bad cells might get your battery working for a few days, a month or even a year, but your battery could fail the very next day and you repeat the process again and again. Battery repair/cell switching is a short-term fix and best, usually comes with a 30 day to 1 year warranty and has the lowest possible quality rating. This is not an option that a quality hybrid shop would recommend to any of their customers, but it is an option.
- Dealership Battery Replacement – For years, Dealerships were the only option that hybrid owners had when it came to hybrid battery replacement. Advanced technology has given consumers a choice, but Dealerships still do a brisk business in hybrid repairs. Buying a new hybrid battery pack from your local dealership will greatly enhance the performance, power and fuel economy of your hybrid. The major downside of dealership battery replacement is the cost and the warranty. A dealership battery might cost more than your hybrid is worth or at least twice the price of a comparable remanufactured hybrid battery of the same quality. In addition, most dealerships warranty their batteries for only 12 months.
- Remanufactured Hybrid Batteries – Advanced technology has given hybrid owners a new battery replacement option that provides new battery performance and extended warranties at up to 50% less than dealership prices. If done properly, a remanufactured hybrid battery pack provides the same performance, power and fuel economy as a Dealership battery replacement, but it comes with a 3 year warranty and costs up to 50% less.
It’s important to remember that all remanufactured hybrid batteries aren’t the same and very few hybrid battery manufacturers have the facilities, trained technicians and advanced battery testing technology to build battery packs that consistently outlive their warranties.
Electron Hybrid Solutions is one of the few manufacturers with the capabilities to provide customers with unparalleled performance, extended 3 year “No Hassle” Warranties and unrivaled dependability at an affordable price.
We are constantly optimizing, streamlining and enhancing the way we test, repair or rebuild hybrid batteries. We like to stay ahead of the curve on the latest products, tools or systems to help your batteries perform better and last longer than ever before.
Not only will Electron Hybrid Solutions replace your current hybrid battery, we’ll also significantly upgrade the performance of your hybrid vehicle. Our cells feature 25% more plate surface area, enabling higher capacity and power output than the factory-installed hybrid battery. Thanks to advancements in manufacturing technology, our battery assembly is able to be wound tighter, fitting more plate material into the same industrial D-cell battery case.
The positive and negative collectors have been redesigned to allow for approximately 50% more weld points between the plates and the collectors. The negative collector is welded to the battery case, rather than just pressure contact. These improvements allow the highest capacity and lowest internal resistance of any hybrid battery cell on the market!