ELECTRON HYBRID BATTERY WARRANTY POLICY
HYBRID BATTERY LIMITED WARRANTY & RETURN POLICY
This warranty covers electric/hybrid batteries and hybrid battery rebuild kits purchased from Electron Hybrid Solutions, Inc. and Electron Automotive, LLC in North America. Electron Hybrid Solutions, Inc. and Electron Automotive, LLC are located at 969 North Batavia Street, Orange, CA 92867.
Don’t be fooled by low quality cheap hybrid batteries with Lifetime or Unlimited Mileage Warranties from start-ups or fairly new businesses. They don’t plan on being around long enough to ever honor your warranty in the first place and it happens to unsuspecting customers all the time. Electron has been serving the hybrid battery needs of local and national hybrid owners for over a decade and we stand behind our work. All of our batteries and battery rebuild kits are manufactured to outlive their warranties, but if you do have a problem you can count on our “No Hassle” policy to replace your battery and get you back up and running as quickly as possible.
Electron remanufacturers hybrid batteries and rebuild kits for most makes, models and years of hybrids on the road today. Our complete hybrid batteries and battery rebuild kits with brand new cylindrical battery cells come with 36 Month/45,000 Mile No Hassle Warranties. Our complete remanufactured hybrid batteries and battery rebuild kits come with 12 Month/15,000 Mile No Hassle Warranties.
36 Month/45,000 Mile No Hassle Warranties
- New Complete Hybrid Battery with Brand New Cylindrical Battery Cells
- Hybrid Battery Rebuild Kit with Brand New Cylindrical Battery Cells
12 Month/15,000 Mile No Hassle Warranties
- Hybrid Battery with High Grade Remanufactured Battery Cells
- Hybrid Battery Rebuild Kit with High Grade Remanufactured Battery Cells
The length of your hybrid battery warranty is listed on your purchase receipt as well as on the original documentation that came with your hybrid battery. If you set-up a free account with Electron, you can also find it by logging into your account at www.electronhybridsolution.com or calling us directly at (800) 804-2003. The starting date of your warranty period is the date listed on your sales receipt. For your warranty to remain valid, your old hybrid battery must be returned to Electron within 30 days from the time of purchase. Certain exclusions do apply and are described in detail in this Limited Warranty Policy. This Limited Warranty is only valid against defects reported within the time period as spelled out in the documentation that you received when you purchased your battery.
Transfer of Warranty
Most hybrid battery manufacturer warranties only cover the purchaser listed on the original paperwork and any name change or transfer of ownership automatically invalidates the warranty. At Electron, we understand the beneficial value of selling a hybrid vehicle that’s still under warranty and that’s why we’ve made our hybrid battery warranty’s completely transferable. The original purchaser can transfer the time remaining on his warranty to a new owner as long as the transfer is made within thirty (30) days of the vehicle sale date. Only one (1) transfer of ownership is allowed during the warranty period and Electron must receive the new owners name, address and telephone number within 30 days of the official date of transfer in order for the warranty to remain valid for the duration of the warranty period.
Removing the battery for use in any other vehicle will automatically void this warranty. If a defect arises in your Electron Hybrid Solutions battery within the applicable Limited Warranty period, your sole and exclusive remedy is for Electron to, at is discretion and to the extent permitted by law, either replace or repair the defective or malfunctioning Electron product with the same or comparable model. Any replacement of repaired Electron product shall be warranted for the remainder of the original Limited Warranty (as measured from the date you receive the repaired or replaced product) or thirty (30) days, whichever is longer, or for any additional period that is required by applicable law.
LIMITED WARRANTY EXCLUSIONS
The following actions and conditions are not covered under Electron’s Limited Warranty Policy:
- Electron products if they have been modified or repaired by a person other than Electron or an entity authorized by Electron;
- Electron products if they have been used for rental or commercial purposes;
- Electron products if they have not been used in accordance with instructions provided by Electron;
- Damage to the Electron product resulting from causes other than defects in materials and workmanship, including but not limited to accident, abuse, misuse, neglect, excessive or improper use, theft, vandalism, fire, flood, wind, lightning, freezing or other natural disasters or acts of God of any kind, electrical wiring, power reduction, power fluctuation or power failure from whatever cause or; improper assembly, improper repair, improper maintenance, alteration, or modification by you or any other party except for Electron or those authorized or recommended by Electron;
- Allowing the Electron product to sit without starting for extended periods of time will result in damage to the battery and will void the warranty. Electron suggests that you start your car at least every two weeks to avoid damage to your battery and to keep your warranty in good standing.
- Damage occurring during shipment of the Electron product;
- Any products that are not manufactured by or for Electron or not sold by Electron;
- Damage resulting from use of other products that are defective or incompatible with the Electron product as provided in instructions provided by Electron;
- Electron products that are, or that Electron reasonably believes to be, stolen, counterfeit, or purchased from an unauthorized distributor or reseller.
- Once a battery is installed it is no longer returnable and it considered used.
- Any of the descriptions found in the Additional Provisions Which May Void the Warranty section below, may void the warranty at the discretion of Electron.
THIS WARRANTY EXPRESSLY PROVIDES FOR THE REPAIR OR REPLACEMENT OF A DEFECTIVE ELECTRON PRODUCT AND IS THE SOLE REMEDY OF THE WARRANTY. ANY AND ALL OTHER REMEDIES AND DAMAGE THAT MAY OTHERWISE BE APPLICABLE ARE EXCLUDED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO, INCIDENTAL, INDIRECT, SPECIAL OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES, ECONOMIC LOSS, LOSS OF PROPERTY OR PROFITS, LOSS OF ENJOYMENT OR USE, OR OTHER CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES OF ANY NATURE WHATSOEVER IN CONNECTION WITH THE PURCHASE, USE, REPAIR OR MAINTENANCE OF EQUIPMENT OR PARTS. ADDITIONALLY, ELECTRON DOES NOT PROVIDE MONETARY OR OTHER COMPENSATION FOR ANY SUCH REPAIRS OR REPLACEMENT OR SUBSTITUTE PRODUCT COSTS.
- To make a valid claim under this warranty, please return the Electron product to Electron or an authorized Electron dealer, as instructed by Electron, together with evidence of the original purchase by you.
- If, having inspected the Electron product, Electron accepts that the Electron product is defective, Electron will, in its sole discretion, either repair or replace the Electron product without charge.
- If the battery is not packaged properly by the consumer and damaged on the return, the buyer may not be refunded the core charge, or refunded a reduced amount, if it is damaged in the shipping.
- In the event of a warranty claim, Electron will need diagnostic paperwork from a hybrid certified repair facility with the error codes and proper documentation of the diagnosis performed if not performed by Electron. Electron is not responsible for diagnostic charges of other repair facilities.
- If the diagnosis is performed at Electron and found to be a faulty battery, there will not be a diagnostic charge.
- The battery fan must be cleaned when the battery is installed and if it fails, Electron will need pictures of the fan to make sure it is not clogged and caused the battery to overheat.
- A battery will only be replaced if there are error codes for failure of the hybrid battery. Reasons such as “my car isn’t getting good fuel economy” or “it just doesn’t feel like it used to” do not justify a warranty replacement.
- The buyer is responsible for all return shipping costs.
- In the event of a potential warranty claim, the battery must be returned to Electron in order to determine if the battery is good or bad and if it failed and why (this is to make sure it failed under normal circumstances). Failure to clean battery fan filters in accordance with instructions will cause the batteries to overheat and fail under warranty. Overheated batteries are not covered under warranty if the fault is not from Electron. If the battery is found to be faulty it will be replaced at no charge. If the battery is found to be operating properly the customer may be responsible for the return shipping and a diagnostic fee of $300. If the battery is found to be faulty but for reasons which are not covered under warranty the client will be responsible for the return shipping and a diagnostic fee of $300.
This warranty only applies for Electron products purchased for use in the United States and Canada. This warranty gives you specific legal rights and those rights may vary from state to state or by province. Any disputes concerning this Limited Warranty shall be governed by the laws of the State of California, USA.
This warranty does not affect your statutory rights.
Electron reserves the right to revise this limited warranty without notice.
ADDITIONAL PROVISIONS WHICH MAY VOID THE WARRANTY
- If the tamper stickers are broken, damaged, or missing.
- Vehicles that frequently sit or sit for more than 2 weeks at a time. A minimum of an average of 400 miles/month is required.
- Installation stickers broken (these are stickers we put over connectors to tell if the battery has been plugged in and installed).
- No submission or incomplete submission of warranty paperwork as reasonably requested by Electron.
- A battery not being installed within 7 days of receiving the battery.
- Inaccurate or non-functioning odometer.
- Discrepancies and or evidence of inaccurate mileage between Carfax, the department of motor vehicles with jurisdiction, or other sources that are considered reliable.
- Error codes p0a0f, p3190, c1259, p3193, p0101. p0171, p0174, p0a93, or b1271 which show a failed component other than the battery or tampering (such as changing the mileage).
- Improper installation.
- Installation of grid chargers.
- If there is evidence that a professional quality torque wrench was not used when installing the battery.
- If the batteries show any signs of overheating or melting that are not the fault of Electron.
- Damaged threads on the battery module